Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now available on PowerLink

2009-11-23 11:26:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now available on PowerLink
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:21:09 -0500
Thanks Tim..

Yes - Like Frank told me , their httpd is miss-configured to unzip the
original download file on the fly without stripping the .gz off so what
you end up with is a simple tar file... It would download faster if they
did not unzip them this way since tar does not really do any compression
itself...

I was only after the new NMC, which now that I've got it installed and
running, it is getting much better IMHO... Able to see more things on a
single screen that prior releases... YEA !!