Networker

Re: [Networker] Q about a storage node for restore only

2009-11-19 04:20:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Q about a storage node for restore only
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:17:57 +0000
MIchael Leone wrote:

> I added that client under "Recover Storage Nodes". I don't want to add
> that tape device to the pools, because I don't want anything backing up
> onto it. This is a recover only storage node (and, as such, I don't need a
> license for it .. I am told).

You may need to add it to the pools if your modus operandi is to
allocate drives to pools.

You need a licence for the storage node. Although in theory you can
recover data from NetWorker from an unlicenced server, you are not able
to control storage nodes or jukeboxes without licences. You cannot just
add a storage node and designate it as recover only, there is no
provision in NetWorker for you to do this.

If you don't want to backup to the devices on this storage node, simply
mark them as read-only.