Networker

[Networker] How to configure library using nmc?

2009-11-18 14:27:55
Subject: [Networker] How to configure library using nmc?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:26:40 -0500
I just installed NMC on a new primary backup test server (RH Linux running NW 7.5 SP1). We have a single storage node (NW 7.5 SP1) with one tape library. There is no tape library on the primary server. This is all a new set up, so no backups have been run yet.

Never used NMC before. I can bring it up, and I can access the NetWorker Administation window, but I don't see the storage node server listed, just the primary server. The storage node software *is* running on the snode server.

How can I configure the library? Do I have to have this silly nmc package running on the snode in order for it to see that library?

I miss nwadmin ... sigh ...

Thanks.

George

--