Networker

Re: [Networker] adv_file event error "Failed to fetch the saveset structure..."

2009-11-11 14:52:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] adv_file event error "Failed to fetch the saveset structure..."
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:49:59 -0500
On 11/10/09 4:06 PM, Francis Swasey wrote:
On 11/10/09 4:02 PM, Preston de Guise wrote:
On 11/11/2009, at 08:00 , Francis Swasey wrote:

On 11/10/09 2:01 PM, Preston de Guise wrote:
It may be too much to hope that the fix is in 7.4.5.2.
It's concerning that the error is cropping up during regular staging activities. I'd suggest it should be logged as an urgent bug with EMC.

FYI... this fix is in 7.4.5.2 and it is important to upgrade. I've been fighting too many S1's in the last two months (for Windows systems that will not recover) and for the last two days have been working an Sev1 because my indexes are suddenly not right.... EMC says this (esg105649) is the problem....

If EMC is correct (still suspect in my opinion) -- and you are running 7.4.5 -- you need to run, not walk, to 7.4.5.2!