Networker

Re: [Networker] adv_file event error "Failed to fetch the saveset structure..."

2009-11-10 12:04:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] adv_file event error "Failed to fetch the saveset structure..."
From: Roberta Gold <gold11 AT LLNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:03:16 -0800
I actually posted this to our list way back in September ...

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
11/10/2009 11:50:50 AM:

 NetWorker 7.4.5 is NOT a good release. I had at least 3 cases opened
 as soon as I installed it. I finally went to 7.5.1 ...

NOW she tells me, right after I upgraded to 7.4.5 this past weekend ...
:-)

I didn't notice any real improvements .. if anything, it changed behavior
in an aggravating way. (it doesn't update the list of media in the tape
library after restart; I have to manually reset the library, and then
inventory ...) But that may just be me ...

Sounds like 7.5.1 needs a couple more patches, itself, from the posts here

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://*listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or
via RSS at http://*listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER

--
Roberta Gold
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory