Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.4 SP5 2 GB chunking of savesets - IMPORTANT

2009-11-10 10:00:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.4 SP5 2 GB chunking of savesets - IMPORTANT
From: Mark Davis <davism AT UWO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:58:18 -0500
Craig Faller wrote:
If this is an issues "Feature" regarding authentication, has anyone
tested changing the nsr server/storage nodes and clients all back to
using oldauth and not the gss authentication methods used in the later
versions of Networker ?

C:\> nsradmin -p nsrexec NetWorker administration program.
Use the "help" command for help, "visual" for full-screen mode.
nsradmin> . type: NSRLA (note: there is a blank space between . and
type)
Current query set
nsradmin> show auth methods
nsradmin> print
auth methods: "0.0.0.0/0,nsrauth/oldauth";
nsradmin> update auth methods: "0.0.0.0/0,oldauth"
auth methods: "0.0.0.0/0,oldauth"; Update? yes
updated resource id 3.0.156.101.198.4.188.67.137.69.101.64(137)
nsradmin> print
auth methods: "0.0.0.0/0,oldauth";
nsradmin> quit

Craig,

Our server is Solaris 10, and we are running Networker version 7.4.4. I set our server to use oldauth months ago. In our case, the 2GB chunking problem only started recently when we began deploying the 7.4 SP5 client software.

So In our case, using oldauth did not stop the 2GB chunking. But it did resolve an issue we had where client backups would do nothing for the first 5 minutes after a group was started, then the backup would finally start and run normally. We also saw this 5 minute delay when using the savegrp -p command.

Mark
--
Mark Davis
University of Western Ontario - ITS