Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.4 SP5 2 GB chunking of savesets

2009-11-06 13:20:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.4 SP5 2 GB chunking of savesets
From: Mike Borkowski <mikeb AT uwaterloo DOT ca>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:15:02 -0500
We are running 7.4.5.Build.746 on some of our Windows clients, many of our Windows issues have been fixed. We just can't nsrpush the new build to machines running the sane version (7.4.5) with a different build :-(

---
mike

Mark Davis wrote:
I applied this "fix" yesterday, and all the clients with 7.4 SP5 are still doing the 2GB chunking. I've opened a case with EMC, and the best I've got so far, is that this is a "feature". They suggested I upgrade to NW 7.5.1.6 to fix the issue. Unreal.

Note, I am running our server on Solaris 10, so maybe the NSR_FAIL_ON_AUTH_ERROR = YES fix does not apply with Solaris.

I'm currently asking EMC for a full set of 7.4.4 clients, which didn't exhibit the "feature".

Thanks for the reply.

Mark