Networker

Re: [Networker] Speed up scanning on numerous tapes (additional detail)

2009-11-04 12:05:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Speed up scanning on numerous tapes (additional detail)
From: "Reed, Ted G [IT]" <Ted.Reed AT SPRINT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:00:00 -0600
Just be sure to recover to an alternate location when going tash-picker on the
data.  I just did a DR test where the app wanted various and sundry data
located in the '/' filesystem (including /etc)...so they assumed I'd recover
ALL.  Recovering root to original location on this DR server (in a remote
datacenter) would have resulted in, at best, a broken and confused DR server.
Instead I recovered it under my home dir and cp -rp the files over that were
actually necessary.  Just a thought.....