Networker

Re: [Networker] How save set recover works? - HELP!!!

2009-10-27 18:45:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] How save set recover works? - HELP!!!
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:40:28 +0000
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 06:29:50PM -0400, George Sinclair wrote:
> >Because each job is checked for the necessary files independently.  That
> >means that any single file recovered will always be placed directly in
> >the recovery folder with no additional directory structure created.

> Hmm ... OK, If I'm recovering files from multiple directories then I can
> see that the "first common parent of all files" rule would apply, but in
> my second example, where I recovered 'data/old1/2001' as a separate
> recover operation, why would it not have created the 'data/old/' part of
> the path since I was not recovering files from multiple directories,
> i.e. I was specifying just the one save set and not two or more?

The first common parent of a single file is always its immediate
parent.  So when you're recovering a single file, it will never create
an additional directory structure.  It will simply place that single
file into the directory that you specify.

By "first", they mean going up from the files that you specify, not
going down from root.  Otherwise, root would always be the match.

--
Darren