Networker

Re: [Networker] Restoring a saveset to the client file index

2009-10-26 16:34:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restoring a saveset to the client file index
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:28:01 +0000
Vooris, Josh wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I need to perform a recovery of a saveset that is not browsable, but it is
> still recoverable.  I have the SSID of the required Index saveset, and I am
> trying to use nsrmm to bring the saveset back into the online client index.
> However, I am having some trouble with the -w switch to set the browse time.
> What is the proper syntax for setting the browse time to a time in the future?

When a save set changes from browsable to recoverable, the client file
index held on disk gets deleted. Thus you cannot just change the status
and make it browsable again. Scanner is one way of restoring parts of
the client file index, or if you have a backup of the index from the
right date you can restore it using nsrck -L7.