Networker

[Networker] Macosx client getting--Failed to resolve the IPv6 localhost address ::1

2009-10-26 14:32:04
Subject: [Networker] Macosx client getting--Failed to resolve the IPv6 localhost address ::1
From: "Beck, Joe" <Joe_Beck AT COMCAST DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:28:21 -0400
I¹m getting an error (below) when trying to backup my macosx client.
I¹ve tried numerous settings in /etc/hosts and enabling/disabling IPv6 on
mac to no avail.
I¹m hoping that others out there have found a solution to this problem as
its been driving me crazy for quite a while & I don¹t like being responsible
for manual backups, don¹t trust myself ; ]

Sever is solaris 10 & client is:
System Version: Mac OS X Server 10.5.5 (9F33)

The only way I get the backup to run thru correctly is if I manually stop
nsrexecd on the mac and start it back up & do the backup immediately after
that.

Error:
savegrp  -pvvv -c x.x.x.x  "Video Working Folders"
32451:savegrp: x.x.x.x:/Volumes/CIM_Xsan/Library    level=incr
32451:savegrp: x.x.x.x:/Volumes/CIM_Xsan/Final Cut Pro Documents level=incr
32451:savegrp: x.x.x.x:/Volumes/CIM_Xsan/projects   level=incr
7236:savegrp: Group will not limit job parallelism
32493:savegrp: x.x.x.x:probe                            started
savefs -s back01g-tcc7 -c x.x.x.x -g "Video Working Folders" -p -l full -R
-v -F /Volumes/CIM_Xsan/Library "/Volumes/CIM_Xsan/Final Cut Pro Documents"
/Volumes/CIM_Xsan/projects
40473:savegrp: command ' savefs -s back01g-tcc7 -c x.x.x.x -g "Video Working
Folders" -p -l full -R -v -F /Volumes/CIM_Xsan/Library
"/Volumes/CIM_Xsan/Final Cut Pro Documents" /Volumes/CIM_Xsan/projects' for
client x.x.x.x exited with return code 1.
* x.x.x.x:Probe savefs: Failed to resolve the IPv6 localhost address ::1.
Please verify an entry for the IPv6 localhost address exists in your
/etc/hosts file.
7340:savegrp: x.x.x.x:probe unexpectedly exited.

Thanks,
Joe