Networker

Re: [Networker] How to use multiple AFTD devices

2009-10-22 11:34:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to use multiple AFTD devices
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:30:47 -0400
On 10/22/09 11:00 AM, MIchael Leone wrote:
Another clarification - I am speaking of a dedicated storage node - it only backs up itself. It's a SQL server, so what I am backing up are SQL DBs. So how do I get NetWorker to write to both devices at the same time? And would I have to enumerate exactly what DBs I want to save, to each device?

If you have both AFTD's in the same media pool -- and your client has multiple savesets -- you can get NetWorker to pretend to balance the load by setting the Target sessions value to 1 for each device (in the Properties->Configuration tab). This assumes that you have multiple savesets writing at the same time.