Networker

Re: [Networker] VTL, Cloning & Retention Policy Question

2009-10-13 13:48:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] VTL, Cloning & Retention Policy Question
From: Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:43:31 -0500
The media pools on our vtl are set to expire after two weeks, also 2
weeks is set on the clients.  You can set the retention policy on the
clone media pool to whatever you'd like.  Although I had to scan the
indexes back in after the 2 week period for a restore the retention time
was set to what I wanted on the clones.  I just had to make sure I
cloned the data within two weeks to physical tape.

If you decide to go to 7.5.x you can set the browse and retention on the
cloned tapes through the nsrclone command.