Networker

[Networker] Migration from netbackup

2009-10-12 11:24:26
Subject: [Networker] Migration from netbackup
From: Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:18:59 -0500
All,

I have two questions:

*         We have migrated our backup environment to networker from
netbackup.  Problem is, we have a few hundred tapes from the netbackup
environment that will not expire for at least 7 more years.  We do not
want to keep our existing netbackup environment for that long, so we
have to "convert" those tapes to networker.  Does anyone have any
pointers on how to get this done, whether it be through an outside
company or is there a way to do this through networker (something other
than restoring with netbackup and rebacking it up with networker)?

*         I have a bunch of scratch tapes from our netbackup
environment, many have only been used once.  Can I use these tapes in
the networker environment after running a relabel job on the tape or is
there something more that needs to be done to make the tapes usable?
Both environments were using LTO3 tapes.

Thanks in advance..