Networker

[Networker] Configuring Networker in a cluster environment

2009-10-08 00:31:24
Subject: [Networker] Configuring Networker in a cluster environment
From: Guzzi <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 14:34:47 -0400
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I hope you can help me in solving the
following issue.

I have a unix server on HP-UX 11.23 on Itanium hardware configured as a cluster
member of a 2-nodes Veritas cluster 5.0

I need just to backup file system configured inside a Veritas Cluster Service
Group resources but I don't need to failover Networker client from one cluster
node to another.

I know there is no compatibility between my networker release (7.2.2) and
Veritas Cluster Server (5.0) so I configured networker client on the physical
node.

In your opinion, is that an admissible configuration from EMC point of view or
do I have to worry if I need any support?

Thank you in advance, Fabio