Networker

Re: [Networker] Directive question - include only certain types

2009-09-29 12:40:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Directive question - include only certain types
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:32:07 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Directive question - include only certain...:

Oh, I do exclude them from the backup; that's not the problem. The problem
is that the files are still there, in the source folders. But only the
user accounts have access to the folder, so I can't just trawl through
them, and see who has been hoarding music, etc. A filesystem search
doesn't find them, since I'm not using an account that has access to those
folders.

But I figured if I did one backup without those skip directives, and then
queried the saveset, I could get a list of how much music they had. (and
then I could just immediately re-cycle those tapes). I wanted to only
backup the media, because that would be a much smaller backup, than the
900G of full user files.

So why don't you change your default directives to use "+null: *.mp3" etc,
instead of +skip?  It sounds like that would be most of what you want.
Using null would not back up any of the file contents but you would
get index entries for them, so you can easily use nsrinfo to report on
them.

Tim
edu