Networker

[Networker] Networker loosing location info of some tape

2009-09-28 13:23:38
Subject: [Networker] Networker loosing location info of some tape
From: Shiney69rr <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 01:23:54 -0400
I had the same issue where tapes where unlabelling and errors that the
specified tape is the wrong volume. I experienced this after we rolled our
filer to a DR environment and  when put it back online the jukebox (tape
machine was out of sync and we needed to reconfigure the storage nodes and do
the cmd listed below to make is proper. good luck.
javascript&#058;emoticon('[Wink]')
use this cmd

nsrjb -IEvv       this runs a through inventory of the tape machine.

Legato EMC Networker Reset command ( command line for label and inventory)

nsrjb -IEvv --- this runs a through inventory of the tape machine.
nsrjb -IIvvv -- fast inventory scans bar code only
nsrjb -HEvvv --- reset the library and unloads volume from library
nsrjb -HHvvv --- does not reset librbray - but unloads the volume from library

inquire -cl -- this will show the devices attached to the networker server (via
serial number and WWN)
inquire -N <nas> -T -t -- should show you the NAS devices and via serial number

sjisn #.#.# -- this is the autochanger adress that will be used ot display the
drive order of your drives

sjimm #.#.# drive # slot # -- this will move tapes from the drive to the slots
sjimm #.#.# slot # drive # -- this will move tapes from the slots to the drives
- make sure to run: nsrjb -IEvvv afterwards, as you are not using networker to
move the tapes

sjirdtag #.#.# -- this will show you a listing of the tapes not using networker
that is currently in your changer via volumeid

nsrjb - shows you how networker is configured with teh drives and their order
[Wink]  [Wink]  [Wink]