Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker loosing location info of some tape

2009-09-25 08:58:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker loosing location info of some tape
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:54:50 -0400
On 9/25/09 8:35 AM, Stefan Seibt wrote:

Does anybody have some experiences with this or have an idea or a hint ???

From your description, that sounds like NetWorker had an error on a tape drive that caused it to fail to verify the label at some point. When that happens, NW assumes it is the tape and declares the tape is not labelled.

I have developed the habit of (on my linux OS networker server) periodically
running the command:

nsrjb -C | grep '\*' | grep ':'

To find any (claimed) unlabeled tapes in the tape library (I only have one, so I don't need to use the -J <jukebox name> argument to nsrjb).

I then run "nsrjb -II -S" on each of the slots so identified to get networker
to smarten up...

Of course, if you have any tape drives that are routinely having these errors, you should check them out...