Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap retention?

2009-09-23 10:53:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap retention?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:49:03 -0500
> Thierry FAIDHERBE
>
> I suppose you takes a bootstrap after any group completion.

You're right - I've seen this technique before and it's an option.
However, in this case it's probably a last resort. In this particular
environment, doing a separate index/bootstrap backup will have
complicating ripples elsewhere, unfortunately.

I'd like to find out why this server is behaving as it is, when a
similarly configured system is not creating the long-retention bootstraps.
In the interim until fixed, I'll have to jsut manually watch the
bootstraps and either manually expire them when they should or nsrmm-them
to the proper date. Neither is ideal, but at least I'll not tied up
volumes unnecessarily.

However, I still wanna find out what's triggering the long retention...
:-)

Thanks!