Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap retention?

2009-09-23 09:42:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap retention?
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:38:50 +0200
Len,

I suppose you takes a bootstrap after any group completion.

If so, group not containing backup server as client
will have default retention of 1 year applied to bootstrap.

To avoid the problem:
-Edit each of your current scheduled groups and add "no saveindex option"
or use the -I flag if launched from CLI.
-Create 1 master index group where all of your clients are member of.

-Let backup server alone in a dedicated group (also with no saveindex
option) and let it be scheduled by legato.

Schedule as needed as you want a "savegrp -O <master_index_group>" to save
client file index and bootstrap.

Should do the trick.

Good luck,

Th