Networker

Re: [Networker] Question about 7.5.1 behavior vs. earlier versions (7.2, etc.)

2009-09-17 10:07:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question about 7.5.1 behavior vs. earlier versions (7.2, etc.)
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:03:26 +0200
FYI, Networker 7.4 acts the same way you described.
I spent some time in trying controlling it but resigned.

The guilty is nsrlcpd, started by nsrexecd at nsrd startup,
like nsrmmd, 1 per robot per SN.

In fact, nsrlcpd updates jukeboxtape map info in resdb like
"nsrjb -W" and "nsrjb -D" did in the past as soon as it detected
jukebox offline/online cycle. Remember adding tapes manually in
lib without going thru the cap also prevented right "nsrjb -I" calls.

As workaround, you could add a call in your current scripts
that execute "sjirdtag [email protected]" to gather tape list from lib.
If this provides media list, there should no reason why nsrjb -I to fail.
If no, then wait afew secs and loop.

Under 7.4 (and up), it often provides better results if you want to
play with nsrjb manually by adding "-E" flag to "nsrjb -I" cmds,
forcing networker to ask lib for its current barcode list.
If nsrlcpd hasn't updated yet jukebox ressource in resdb,
nsrjb -I will keep report empty slot.

Good luck

HTH

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE
Backup/Storage & System Management

LE FOREM - Administration Centrale
Département des Systèmes d'Information

Boulevard Tirou, 104  Tel: + 32 (0)71/206730
B-6000 CHARLEROI      Fax: + 32 (0)71/206199
BELGIUM               Mail : Thierry.faidherbe<at>forem.be