Networker

Re: [Networker] replacing a drive in an l8500, nw 7.5.0

2009-09-16 10:38:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] replacing a drive in an l8500, nw 7.5.0
From: Rick Pim <rick AT POST.QUEENSU DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:30:52 -0400
Tim Mooney writes:
 > In regard to: [Networker] replacing a drive in an l8500, nw 7.5.0, Rick
 > Pim...:

 > I had pretty much this exact problem when I upgraded one of our servers
 > from 7.4.2 to 7.4.5.  For us, the drive had been replaced about 6 months
 > ago and 7.4.2 didn't care that the serial number had changed, but 7.4.5
 > kept logging messages similar to what you show above.

 > Your best bet is to delete the jukebox (make a note of your settings) and
 > recreate and re-apply any custom settings.
 >
 > I posted the steps that I used (within nsradmin) last week, check the list
 > archives.

i was unable to do it through the gui but i managed to get jbedit to
do it for me. i'll look through the archives for your notes, though.
many thanks.

rp

rick pim                                           rick AT post.queensu DOT ca
information technology services                          (613) 533-2242
queen's university, kingston
"If we should have technical problems on our show, we would ask the people
from Microsoft to get up, go to your cars in the parking lot, get into your
car, then get out of your car, then come back here and let's see if that
doesn't solve the problem."
                    -- Garrison Keillor during a "Prarie Home Companion"
                                        broadcast, from near Seattle, WA.