Networker

[Networker] OT: Diabetes help

2009-09-15 22:18:44
Subject: [Networker] OT: Diabetes help
From: "HORWITZ, STANLEY R." <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:13:10 -0400
Greetings from your friendly neighborhood Networker list co-manager.

This is that time of year again when I raise money to help fight
diabetes.

On October 3rd, I will be joining thousands of others for a health
fair and walk-a-thon at the Philadelphia Art Museum to raise funds and
awareness of diabetes for the American Diabetes Association’s
signature fundraising walk, Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes. Why?

Every step I take and every dollar I raise will make a difference in
the lives of 23.6 million Americans living with diabetes and many more
who are pre-diabetic. The funds raised by this event may help you and
your loved ones if diabetes runs in your family. By making a donation
on my behalf, you will be helping the Association provide community-
based education programs, protect the rights of people with diabetes
and fund critical research for a cure.

No matter how small or large, your generous donation will help us stop
diabetes. Your contribution will help find a cure. In addition, some
of the funds I help raise will be used to send diabetic children to
summer camp so they can learn with their peers how to control their
glucose and live with their diabetes.

If you would like to sponsor me with a donation in any amount, you can
do so either by making an online contribution at
<http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?px=3788470&fr_id=6384&pg=personal>
or by mailing me a check made out to the American Diabetes
Association. If you want to mail me a check, let me know via private
email and I will give you my mailing address.