Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 x86 Disaster Recovery NW 7.4.3

2009-09-10 13:14:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 x86 Disaster Recovery NW 7.4.3
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:07:21 -0400
The 7.5.sp1 64bit client does not work for 64bit Window 2008 , it only
works for :
VSS SYSTEM BOOT:\, VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\, VSS USER DATA:\, and VSS
OTHER:\, but none of the disk partitions. On all disk partitions, we
see:
1 retry attempted
43705:save: Save Operations value is ignored on this OS platform.
ERROR: VSS failed to get comp=BCD FileGroup list, writer=ASR Writer,
error=0x80070008: Not enough storage is available to process this
command.
in directives
7154:save: Unable to set up VSS filesystem directives. Failed to back up
G:\.

It would be nice if MS were to work with EMC to enable backups before
releasing things like Win2008, but there is no leverage with MS...