Networker

Re: [Networker] Powershell with networker

2009-09-09 10:10:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Powershell with networker
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 10:04:18 -0400
On
>> Behalf Of MIchael Leone
>> Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:52 AM
>> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>> Subject: Re: [Networker] Powershell with networker
>>
>> EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
>> 09/08/2009 11:58:42 PM:
>>
>> > So is anyone here using powershell to control any networker tasks,
>> functions
>> > or reporting?
>> >
>> > Or is it only perl?
>>

>> I use Windows CMD files. :-) (seriously)

Oh wow. That must be terribly painful!

I'm not much for "Promoting *anything* from MS", but at least take a
look at PS, it's probably one of the better things they've ever done. I
could never manage a large MS environment without it, and I've heard
powershell may be the only way to admin Windows server 2008 "core"
installs (Windows with no GUI - finally!) down the road ...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/power
shell/default.mspx