Networker

[Networker] Mounted Volume backup (windows) - no such file?

2009-09-09 01:37:30
Subject: [Networker] Mounted Volume backup (windows) - no such file?
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 01:33:21 -0400
I'm setting up a NAS backup using mounted volumes on the Windows side (to
preserve ACL and make recovery easier).  However, despite following the
directions for doing mounted volume backup I get the following:

* nascifs1:\\depot\win_cifs \\depot\win_cifs: No such file or directory

Browsing to the same mount point as Administrator gets you there fine.  I've
also tried to reference it by drive letter after setting up the local mount -
no good.

Client is Win2003, NW client 7.4.4 (also tried 7.2.2, that appears to be worse).

Server is Solaris 8, Sun EBS 7.1.3 (yes I know, an upgrade is pending on Sun
contract renewal).

The NAS itself (depot) is a pair of Sun 7410 in clustered mode.

I'm curious how folks got this working in the past, i.e. around 7.2.2's time
period.  Perhaps I'm just setting up Windows wrong...

Thanks in advance,
--TSK