Networker

Re: [Networker] AIT3 Data Tapes going unlabeled.

2009-09-08 15:23:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] AIT3 Data Tapes going unlabeled.
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 15:19:13 -0400
Welcome to the mailing list....
You should Always include the Networker release version you are running
and platform (Operating System).... Because some versions/platforms have
known bugs or behaviors that have known solutions or work-arounds,
etc.... If you don't state the background, it makes it harder to answer
specific questions.

Your problem sounds like a library setting... Check your library
configuration for 'Auto Media Management' - make sure it is enabled...

Auto media management - Enabling this attribute allows automated media
management for volumes in the jukebox, which includes automatic labeling
of 'blank' volumes. Any volume without a NetWorker label is considered
to be blank.