Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.4.5 - rap error, jukebox not ready.

2009-09-08 09:28:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.4.5 - rap error, jukebox not ready.
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:23:28 -0400
On 9/8/09 7:54 AM, Khan, Sami wrote:
Thanks Frank. This only happens when I open the Mailbox door to deposit new tapes, we are
using an ADIC Scalar 100 with three drives. Is there anyway I can make Networker realize
when the doors are closed and bring the Scalar100 back to "Ready" state?

Sami,
It's been over a year since I was working with EMC on this issue. I have a Qualstar XLS library. There was one iteration of the code fix that did what you are describing. With that iteration of the fix, there was no way to get NetWorker to realize the jukebox was online again. I tested that attempted fix but did not put it in production.

  I'd say that you need to contact EMC about a fix -- and I'd say this is a
severity 1.