Networker

[Networker] Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 x86 Disaster Recovery NW 7.4.3

2009-09-02 10:59:50
Subject: [Networker] Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 x86 Disaster Recovery NW 7.4.3
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 10:55:44 -0400
Anyone ever have to perform DR on a Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 x86 system using NetWorker 7.4.3 client code and actually have it work?

So far, I've had a Sev 1 open with EMC for over a day, and the best they can suggest is that after I rebuild the client, I upgrade it to NW 7.5sp1 (even though my NW Server is running 7.4sp5). Apparently, the release notes that claim LGTsc15172 (COM+ recovery failures) was fixed in NW 7.4sp3 do not relate to the client code, but rather to the NetWorker Module for Microsoft Applications (NMM). Sounds like Support Tech technobable to me, but I'm in no position to disagree with them -- the COM+ registry entries are obviously toast, and the workaround for the COM+ problems in the 7.4sp5 release notes just make it worse.

I'm sure someone somewhere tested DR on this platform -- I just wish I had!