Networker

Re: [Networker] Extended retention time on EDL

2009-09-02 10:29:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Extended retention time on EDL
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 08:59:12 -0500
I set my long retention in NW like normal 13 months or 4 weeks.  All
my backups land on the EDL...  I run a script on Mondays to *push* all
data older then 4 weeks off of the EDL onto tape.  For non-NDMP I can
just do nsrstage...  For NDMP I do similar but have to clone and
delete the original cloneid because nsrstage doesn"t work for NDMP.

Also because the EDL is handled like tape I have an aggressive script
that runs weekly to recycle tapes with less then 20gigs of data. If
the total ssid size on that tape is less then 100g, which my EDL tape
size.

I've shared out these scripts before and will do it again upon request.

Alec

On 9/2/09, Chester Martin <cmartin AT spp DOT org> wrote:
> We don't store any data on edl longer than 2 weeks, so my browse and
> retention times are set to 2 weeks.  But we clone to physical tapes
> daily.  The pool that it's cloned to has the retention times set to much
> longer than 2 weeks.
>
> Unfortunately I can't increase the browse time to the same as the
> retention time when it's cloned to physical tape (7.4.4), but I think I
> can do it with 7.5.1, which I'll be upgrading to in the next few weeks.

Sent from my mobile device