Networker

[Networker] Cross Charging for Data Retained

2009-09-02 06:18:40
Subject: [Networker] Cross Charging for Data Retained
From: ianc <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 06:14:08 -0400
Hi All,

We are a networker shop and we need to cross charge our users for the data they
have held on tape by business unit appropriated to the server that the data was
backed up from.

Problem I have is how to measure all the data we have on tape at present
(1.5Pb) at the server level.

What would be involved as my index is partly archived itself, would I need to
just scan the index totally to do this and would this get all data held? I
presuming this is going to take forever to do and we need to do it on a monthly
basis.

Any help greatly appreciated!