Networker

Re: [Networker] 64bit Win Client fails with VSS errors...

2009-08-31 11:21:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] 64bit Win Client fails with VSS errors...
From: Matthew Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:13:57 -0400
I am glad I am not the only one who has seen this error. The only way to get
the files to backup are to disable the VSS stuff. I add this to my client
definitions (VSS:*=off). This makes legato ignore the VSS stuff. The physical
drives need to be defined for the client in question so you have to change the
All to the drives (i.e. C: D: E:). Once I did this I can backup all windows
clients with no errors and we can restore any files off the physical drives.