Networker

Re: [Networker] Anyone upgrade to 7.4sp5 from 7.4.4.4 ??

2009-08-27 10:37:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Anyone upgrade to 7.4sp5 from 7.4.4.4 ??
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:33:41 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
08/27/2009 09:15:04 AM:

> That's exactly why I just upgraded to 7.4.5 rather than 7.5.x. Once
> 7.5 has a few more releases, then we will move to it. So far 7.4.5
> appears to be very stable.

A (very) good point. The more I consider, the more I feel I should do the
same. The upgrade process itself should be the same, I'm guessing, as
upgrading to 7.5. (i.e., uninstall old version, keep NMC database, install
new version). Or can I just install 7.4.5 directly over top of my 7.4.2,
without uninstalling first? I refer to my server and (in my case) half a
dozen storage nodes, which all must be done at the same time.