Networker

[Networker] I think my Index is screwed up

2009-08-20 14:22:16
Subject: [Networker] I think my Index is screwed up
From: jasondre <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:16:26 -0400
Has anyone felt completely incompetent while trying to learn how to use
NetWorker?  haha

Anyways, I have a sneaking suspicion my Index is messed up on my NetWorker
server.  Please bear with me, I'm still new to this and will try to explain as
best I can.

Let's say I need to do a file recovery from physical tape from June 24th, 2009.
 I do a Save Set search to find out the volume it is on, Offsite.025 has the
appropriate Save Set for that date.  However, when I got to check the Indexes
for that Save Set, there is nothing listed for that date.

Which means that backup isn't in the Index correct?  If I run the command nsrck
-L7 -t <time> <client name>, NetWorker asks for physical tape Offsite.023.
Which was a backup from 2 weeks prior.

I'm really confused about this.