Networker

Re: [Networker] Low disk space on NW Server

2009-08-17 17:48:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Low disk space on NW Server
From: jpkelly <jpkelly AT SOURCETEKSYSTEMS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:34:46 -0600
Vooris, Josh wrote:
Hey everyone.  I am running into a low disk space issue on one of my NetWorker
servers.  This server is running Windows 2003 R2 with SP2, and NetWorker 7.3.2
is installed on the C: Drive.  I would like to move the NetWorker installation
to the D: drive to free up space on the system partition, but the current lack
of space is preventing me from logging into the server.  I would also like to
take this opportunity to upgrade to 7.4.4.  I can access the admin share from
another machine, and I was wondering if it would be possible/advisable to
temporarily move the client indexes to another drive.  This should free up
enough space to allow me to log into the server and uninstall Networker.  Then
I thought I could copy the remaining metadata to the D: drive and install 7.4.4
pointing to the D: drive instead of the C: drive.

Does this make sense, and would it be a possible solution to my problem?

Joshua L. Vooris

Storage Administrator
Century Aluminum
Global IT Support Services
115 East 2nd Street
Owensboro, KY 42303
Phone: (270) 852-2822
Cell: (270) 315-4177
E-mail: JVooris AT centuryky DOT com<mailto:JVooris AT centuryky DOT com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
message.

    EMC Technical Bulletin
Go to the INDEX of Technical Bulletin Listings <https://www.eng.utoledo.edu/ecc/secure-docs/user/sun_docs/storageTekEBS7_4/bulletins/INDEX.htm> 405: How to Move the NetWorker Media Database and Client Indexes to a New Filesystem (UNIX)
    Purpose
This bulletin provides instructions for moving the NetWorker server's media database, client indexes, and configuration files to a new location. Use these instructions if the filesystem that contains the //nsr/index/ directory is becoming full.