Networker

[Networker] Moving libraries

2009-08-13 14:45:29
Subject: [Networker] Moving libraries
From: Jim Thorsley <thor AT CSD.UWO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:42:21 -0400
Hi. We have acquired a new SL48 tape library. Our current library is an
L50 attached to a storage node. We also have an old L1800 attached to
the main Networker server. I want to move the L50 to the main server
and attach the new SL48 to the storage node and decommission the L1800
currently attached to the main server. No user data is stored on the
L1800. Only indexes and bootstraps.  Can I just delete the L50 from the
storage server, attach it to the main server and configure it? Will it
find the tapes? Or are there some gotcha's. I couldn't seem to find and
info on moving libraries in the docs.

The server and storage node are Sun V880's running Solaris 10. The Networker
software is Version 7.4.

Thanks for any advice.