Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrading from 7.4.2 to 7.5 advice

2009-08-12 05:15:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrading from 7.4.2 to 7.5 advice
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 04:10:45 -0500
I just did this upgrade today on a UNIX server, and followed the NW
procedures without incidents...

Step #1 Read the Installation Guide
Step #2 Add the enabler code for the Upgrade *BEFORE TAKING DOWN OLD NW AND
DOING NEW ONE*
Step #2.5 Double check that none of your VTL's or similar libraries have
grandfathered licenses as 7.5.1 has stricter licensing of VTL's, the install
manual has 30 day demo keys for these licenses if a problem does pop up.
Step #3 Shutdown NW
Step #4 Make a local copy of C:\Progra~1\Legato\nsr if you have room - for
me I use ZFS snapshots...
Step #5 Uninstall NW and NMC
Step #6 Install new NW and NMC
Step #7 Startup NW

I'd imagine you'd want to follow pretty much the same procedure on the
storage nodes...

Yes you can use NW 7.2.x, 7.3.x, 7.4.x clients np..  We're using ancient NW
clients with 7.5.1 the only thing that hasn't worked since 7,2.x for us is
NetWare 4.11 clients...

Alec