Networker

Re: [Networker] Automate resizing / resetting daemon.raw without stoping networker services

2009-08-11 01:48:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Automate resizing / resetting daemon.raw without stoping networker services
From: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 05:43:04 -0000
>>> Preston wrote:
>>> I can't say I'm aware of any version of NetWorker that automatically
>>> rotates the daemon.raw (or previously, daemon.log) file. In my
>>> experience, it's always been the case that this file is not closed off
>>> until NetWorker is shutdown.

It would be very nice if this could cicle automatically without needing to take
the networker service down.
Our networker writes about 10mb a day to the daemon.raw log. So we need to
restart the networker service preferrably once a week.
But I'm sure there are systems out there with even more size growth of
daemon.raw.