Networker

Re: [Networker] change in Inventory behavior after 7.2.1 to 7.4.4 upgrade?

2009-08-06 15:06:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] change in Inventory behavior after 7.2.1 to 7.4.4 upgrade?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 14:01:58 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] change in Inventory behavior after 7.2.1 to 7.4.4...:

   After upgrading from 7.2.1 to 7.4.4, it seems as if the behavior
of Inventorying has changed.   Previously, if a barcode was in the media
index, the inventory would just go past these, and only physically load
tapes that had no labels associated with the bar code. Now, when I inventory, it
loads every tape.   Am I missing a flag or is this change documented somewhere
that I missed?

See the -II option to nsrjb.  It was discussed on the list a few months
ago.

This kind of thing frankly drives me nuts.  That EMC's developers are
frequently breaking backward compatibility for how nsrjb functions when
given certain command line flags indicates that they don't really
understand a production, enterprise environment.

Tim
edu