Networker

[Networker] Backup Over Fiber????

2009-08-05 11:28:24
Subject: [Networker] Backup Over Fiber????
From: psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:20:30 -0400
Is it possible to setup ADV file type device for the cluster node ?

We have three windows servers in a cluster and the adv file devices have been
configured onto the physical nodes as shown below.

rd=<Storgae_Node1>: /X
rd=<Storgae_Node1>: /Y
rd=<Storgae_Node1>: /Z

Where X, Y & Z are the storage LUNs configured as local disks (not part of
clustered resource), each given to one of the three servers.

I have defined NW clients using the cluster nodes and the cluster drives are
getting backed up to the locally mounted adv-file device on all three servers.

With this setup  adv_file (SAN LUN) allocated to the physical node doesn't
failover with other resources whenever there are issues with the server and
because of that backups fail.

I tried creating adv-file using virtual_node and ran a test backup. The backup
completed successfully but it gave continous error messages  about restarting
media management service on to the storage node

Any suggestions ?