Networker

[Networker] Estimate how much is written to each pool ?

2009-08-04 09:01:28
Subject: [Networker] Estimate how much is written to each pool ?
From: mikeenikee <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 08:53:19 -0400
yaron wrote:
> Joe N. Wallace wrote:
>
> > I know this is not excactly what you're after, but it's half way.
> >

> > mminfo -r "pool,totalsize" -q "pool=<POOLNAME>,savetime>1 day ago"
> >

> On a Unix system you can run the following:
>
> mminfo -r totalsize -q "pool=WinNovTel,savetime>1 day ago" | awk
> '{s=s+$1 ; print s}'
>
> (the line is broken. The second line should be at the end of the
> first one).
>

> > It's then possible to let excel calculate the total.
> >

> > Is it perhaps possible to let mminfo add up the size on each volume?

> > > written to each pool, daily / weekly / Month ?

> > > Thank you for your input but i cannot find this query to work.
> > >
> > > Example:
> > >
> > > mminfo -X -q "pool=SQL"
> > >
> > > Gives same output as :
> > >
> > > mminfo -Xa
> > >
> > > It does not seems like mminfo cares about my query for pool.
> > >
> > > I am using NetWorker 7.4.4 and Solaris 10 and would really need to know
> > > how
> > > much each pool is consuming each night / week.
> > >
> > > Thanks !!
> > > // MikeeNikee
> > >
> > > +----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > +----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >

> > > "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to
> > > networker-request < at > listserv.temple.edu if you have any problems
> > > with this
> > > list. You can access the archives at
> > > http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or
> > > via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER
> > >

> > via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER
> >

> --
>
> -- Yaron.

Thank you Yaron and Joe N. Wallace now we are getting some where.

Only one last question, how should i interpretate the output ?

Example:

bash# mminfo -r totalsize -q "pool=SQL,savetime>1 hour ago" | awk '&#123;s=s+$1
; print s&#125;'

> Output&#58;

2359548
2901236544
2919063060
3275589964
3275596936
3275921512
3289553600

I have some difficulties interpretate the output , should i look at the last
line in ouput and convert it to MegaBytes and this gives me the size of backups
to this pool the last hour ?

Thanks!

// Mikee 'no script kiddie' Nikee