Networker

Re: [Networker] Module for MS Applications

2009-08-03 06:01:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Module for MS Applications
From: Mathew Harvest <Mathew.HARVEST AT COMMUNITIES.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 19:51:32 +1000
Hey Jens,

I don't know why, but I can tell you that earlier versions of NetWorker
won't allow you to clone these savesets

You'll get a wondrous error message like the one below

39563:nsrclone: skipping SNAPSHOT save set 419625909

Seems to work fine with 7.5.1 and NMM 2.2. not sure if it's a limitation
of nsrclone and nsrstage or something deeper in the media / file
databases, but it's a bit of a odd thing not to be able to do,
especially if you are using AFTD's or a VTL, means that you disk storage
is tied up until the saveset retention kicks in ...

Mat Harvest