Networker

Re: [Networker] NMSQL module license problem.

2009-07-30 09:35:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMSQL module license problem.
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:29:39 +0200
> I have according  to MS one license for all functionalities of NM SQL.

Yes and no :

You normally need 1 MSSQL Lic per noce(client) saving SQLDBs using MSSQL
Online Module. The license is tiered based on amount CPU your
SQLDB Server contains. The MSSQL license is in use (and remain in use)
till all Online SQL backups from the original client are expired and drop
from mediadatabase.

With 1 MSSQL Module license, you can backup as many as DBs your MSSQL
Server runs.

The licenses are not stored on client level but at backup server level.

Note:

The hostid you see has nothing to do with MSSQL Module licensing :
Hostid is backup server-wide value (common to all registered lics)
and used with the licenses (the enabler codes) to generate permanent
license checksums (called autorisation codes) to validate your rights
of using the product.

EMC Licensing has to be contacted when you want to move license(s)
from datazone (from 1 backup SERVER to anoter) or if your backup
server has a new home (with different IP or not). When hostid change
is detected, all lics expires after 45 days unless you ask EMC Licensing
to regenerate autorisation codes for the new backup server's hostid.

Hope that helps.

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE
Backup/Storage & System Management

LE FOREM - Administration Centrale
Département des Systèmes d'Information

Boulevard Tirou, 104  Tel: + 32 (0)71/206730
B-6000 CHARLEROI      Fax: + 32 (0)71/206199
BELGIUM               Mail : Thierry.faidherbe<at>forem.be