Networker

Re: [Networker] scanner versus mminfo

2009-07-21 14:51:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] scanner versus mminfo
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:43:50 +0000
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:27:39AM -0400, Stranger wrote:
>  When I run /usr/sbin/nsr/mminfo -m command, I get name of the tape TAPE1 and
> information that it's empty and does not contain any data.

Okay.

>  when I run /usr/sbin/nsr/scanner -B /dev/rmt/0cbn command, I get the
> information that it's TAPE2.

Well, it's definitely tape2 now.  The question is did it used to be
tape1 before that, how did that occur, and did you lose data in the
process?

Could the barcode have been reused?  Could it have been explicitly
labeled incorrectly?  It usually takes something like that.

You can get bad initial labels if the barcode reader is inaccurate, but
it won't normally do this because the previous label is verified before
relabeling.  You'd need a couple of failures for Networker to do this on
its own.

--
Darren