Networker

[Networker] different/missing output of mminfo

2009-07-01 06:43:21
Subject: [Networker] different/missing output of mminfo
From: rwillems <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 06:36:27 -0400
> What's "grep xy"? You didn't mention it in your OP. SSFLAGs? I don't have
> such in 7.4.4 (only CvrENiRPKIF), neither do I have them in my test of your
> "mminfo". Apparently you do not have a pattern "xy" in the output, therefore
> - no grepping

grep searches for my saveset. I didn't want to post my actual saveset so I
replaced it with xy. So trust me, the results of mminfo are real.

> For the record, I'm running 7.4.4.4 on Solaris 10. The clients in question are
> on various client versions, on either unix or linux - there seems to be no
> common theme except 99% of the time for us it's an RMAN backup.

The clients affected are unix or linux os here too and it isn't only RMAN
backups with this problem but operating system backups too.

It were a big problem for us if we couldn't trust mminfos output anymore.

We opened a call with our service partner but no results yet.