Networker

[Networker] Random NDMP saveset failures

2009-06-30 12:35:34
Subject: [Networker] Random NDMP saveset failures
From: Joe Dalla <joe.dalla AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:21:06 -0400
Hello Group,

I have an intermittent NDMP backup issue. We have two Netapp Filers
sharing one VTL(HP Storage). The VTL has 16 Virtual drives (8 are shared
between the two Filers). We are running Networker 7.4.4 on a RedHat 4.0
Update 4(x86 32 bit)Server. This weekend I ran full backups with no
errors. The next days backup was an incremental and I got this one error.
All other backups were successful. Is this a memory issue with the
Networker server or the Netapp filer? I don't have access to our storage
servers so I can't check the netapp logs. I don't see any memory issues on
my Server other than this error in /var/log/messages.

savegrp: suppressed 2 lines of verbose output
42909:nsrndmp_save: Performing DAR Backup..
42952:nsrndmp_save: netapp1:/vol/chem_home NDMP save running
on 'rplusbck1.pal.roche.com'
42617:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP:
creating "/vol/chem_home/../snapshot_for_backup.2161" snapshot.

42617:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: could not create "backup"
snapshot.
snapshot deleted after creation?

42738:nsrndmp_save: Data server halted: Error during the backup.
42617:nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: Out of memory error: null
42913:nsrndmp_save: Save session closed with NW server successfully

Thanks!
Joe