Networker

Re: [Networker] Some files missing after successful backup.

2009-06-30 05:19:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Some files missing after successful backup.
From: Birk Bohne <birk.bohne AT BATCHWORKS DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:13:08 +0200
On https://powerlink.emc.com/ under " Home  >  Support  >  Technical
Documentation and Advisories  > Software ~ J-O ~ Documentation  >  NetWorker
Family  >  NetWorker  > 7.4 & Service Packs" you can find the whole NetWorker
7.4 documentation. The "Command Reference Guide" and the "Administration Guide"
should be the most interesting in your case.

VSS is an abbreviation for Volume Shadow Copies. Its a snapshot technology that
Microsoft implemented in Windows 2003/2008/XP/Vista/7. NetWorker can use this
technology to do consistent backups of open files. For instance the system
configuration (Registry, AD, IIS Metabase etc.) is backed up this way. Since
NetWorker 7.4.2 no additional license is needed for VSS backups.

Savepnpc is a NetWorker component that you can use instead of the normal "save"
backup command. Savepnpc uses a GROUPNAME.res file in the nsr\res directory of
the networker client. In the res file you can define a pre and a post command.
Normally the pre and post commands are scripts that stop and start an
application service (e.g. Database).

greetings...
Birk

Birk Bohne