Networker

Re: [Networker] SELinux and networker

2009-06-25 19:20:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] SELinux and networker
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:14:37 +1000
Hi Rick,

On 26/06/2009, at 01:13 , Rich Graves wrote:

This has worked for me for about a year, on both client and server. The textrel_shlib change is fairly common for proprietary binaries.

semanage fcontext -a -t textrel_shlib_t "/usr/lib/nsr(/.*)?"
semanage fcontext -a -t var_log_t "/nsr/logs(/.*)?"
restorecon -R /usr/lib/nsr
restorecon -R /nsr/logs

Another approach for the logs is to edit syslog.conf and drop them in /var/log instead of /nsr/logs.

Thanks for posting the tip. I just tried it out on a CentOS 5.3 (aka RHEL 5) system in my lab that had previously failed to work with 7.5 with SELinux ... worked a treat.

Maybe the next step would be to get these details officially added to EMC's installation guide... :-)

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com