Networker

Re: [Networker] SELinux and networker

2009-06-25 18:27:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] SELinux and networker
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:23:36 +1000
Hi Patti,

On 25/06/2009, at 22:32 , Clark, Patti wrote:
I found the reference in the Networker 7.5 Installation Guide (p 90)
specifically addressing RHEL5. This will be a show stopper here and at
any other gov't installation that is heavily into security.  I cannot
speak for the rest of the world. If this doesn't change, Networker will
be traded for another system that does support SELinux.  We just
invested in encryption and they will spend the money to go to another
enterprise backup software package that does support SELinux.  I can
only hope that this is a temporary situation for Networker.

I'd suggest that the best way for yourself (and others who need this support) to get serious attention would be to bring your attentions to the NetWorker usability team - i.e., NetWorker product managers. They've posted on the list requesting feedback previously. That email address again is:

networker_usability AT emc DOT com

Letting them know the level of impact to your site and implications will help them help you.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com