Networker

Re: [Networker] SELinux and networker

2009-06-25 08:42:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] SELinux and networker
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 08:32:14 -0400

I found the reference in the Networker 7.5 Installation Guide (p 90)
specifically addressing RHEL5.  This will be a show stopper here and at
any other gov't installation that is heavily into security.  I cannot
speak for the rest of the world.  If this doesn't change, Networker will
be traded for another system that does support SELinux.  We just
invested in encryption and they will spend the money to go to another
enterprise backup software package that does support SELinux.  I can
only hope that this is a temporary situation for Networker.

Patti